TEEN COMPANY – ADVANCED LEVEL MUSIC THEATRE PROGRAM for AGES 13-17 (HIGH SCHOOL)
The Tony-winning play, based on the best-selling novels, upends the century-old story of how a miserable orphan boy becomes the legendary Peter Pan.
11-week intensive program ends in three weekends of fully-produced, ticketed, public performances of PETER & THE STARCATCHER. Meets three times each week, on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Tech Week and 10 performances required. Students will work with a professional director and music director in a highly supportive “ensemble”-focused environment. The final performance is a 2-hour production with costumes, props, scenic elements, and live orchestra in our theatre.
CLASS BEGINS: Thursday, September 6, 2018
CLASS ENDS: Sunday, October 21, 2018
WEEKLY CLASS MEETING DAY & TIME:
- Sundays, 4:00-8:00pm
- Tuesdays, 6:00-8:50pm
- Thursday, 6:00-8:50pm
REQUIRED TECH WEEK DATES:
- Saturday, October 6, 4:00pm-8:00pm
- Sunday, October 7, 4:00pm-8:00pm
- Tuesday, October 9, 5:45-8:45pm
- Thursday, October 11, 5:45pm-8:45pm
- Friday, June 1, 5:45pm-9:00pm
There will be ten ticketed, public performances of PETER AND THE STARCATCHER at the following dates & times:
- Friday, October 12 at 7:00pm (Call at 5:30pm)
- Saturday, October 13 at 3:00pm & 7:00pm (Call at 2pm)
- Sunday, October 14 at 12:00pm & 4:00pm (Call at 11:00am)
- Friday, October 19 at 7:00pm (Call at 6pm)
- Saturday, October 20 at 3:00pm & 7:00pm (Call at 2pm)
- Sunday, October 21 at 12:00pm & 4:00pm (Call at 11:00am)
INSTRUCTORS: Miss Allie (Allyce Torres)
PREREQUISITE: Enrollment will be capped at 32 students. The is a non-auditioned program. Try-ons during the first week of class determine casting, which is done based on a variety of factors including skill, experience, appropriateness for roles, potential for growth, and personal & professional goals. Excellent attendance is required for this program. Students with more than 3 absences may be dropped from the program, or have their role(s) reassigned, at the discretion of our Artistic Director.
TUITION: $469. TWO OPTIONS FOR PAYMENT:
- #1: Pay in-full at time of enrollment (FULL PAY). A $1.50 Theatre Improvement Fee is added to each Full Pay enrollment, or:
- #2: Divide your payment into three installments, with $156.34 due when enrolling (3-PAY OPTION) The two additional payments ($156.33) will be deducted from the card you use on September 15, 2018 and October 15, 2018. In addition to our $1.50 Theatre Improvement Fund, a $10.00 service fee is added to all 3-PAY enrollments.
FINANCIAL AID: Financial aid awards of up to 66% are available. Please visit our website for more information or to apply for aid: http://testingwcperforms.com/conservatory/financial-assistance/
ABOUT THE SHOW:
Over 100 characters played by our ensemble in this show! Tony-winning Peter and the Starcatcher upends the century-old story of how a miserable orphan comes to be The Boy Who Would Not Grow Up (a.k.a. Peter Pan). A wildly theatrical adaptation of Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson’s best-selling novels, the play was conceived for the stage by directors, Roger Rees and Alex Timbers, and written by Rick Elice, with music by Wayne Barker. From marauding pirates and jungle tyrants to unwilling comrades and unlikely heroes, Peter and the Starcatcher playfully explores the depths of greed and despair… and the bonds of friendship, duty and love.
A young orphan and his mates are shipped off from Victorian England to a distant island ruled by the evil King Zarboff. They know nothing of the mysterious trunk in the captain’s cabin, which contains a precious, otherworldly cargo. At sea, the boys are discovered by a precocious young girl named Molly, a Starcatcher-in-training who realizes that the trunk’s precious cargo is starstuff, a celestial substance so powerful that it must never fall into the wrong hands. When the ship is taken over by pirates – led by the fearsome Black Stache, a villain determined to claim the trunk and its treasure for his own – the journey quickly becomes a thrilling adventure.
***If you have questions about this program or need help enrolling, please contact our offices at: firstname.lastname@example.org
TICKETS FOR TEEN COMPANY SHOWS
SHOW DATES & TIMES:
Saturday, October 13 @ 3pm & 6pm
Sunday, October 14 @ 1pm & 5pm
Friday, October 19 @ 7pm
Saturday, October 20 @ 3pm & 7pm
Sunday,October 21 @ 1pm & 5pm
The Playhouse @ Jefferson Park
4766 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago 60630
|HEAD COL 1||HEAD COL 2|
|ROW 1 COL 1||ROW 1 COL 2|
|ROW 2 COL 1||ROW 2 COL 2|
|ROW 3 COL 1||ROW 3 COL 2|